Enka Intermediate School is starting a new program called In-School Clubs.
Often, clubs are only available to students who have the money for club fees and the possibility of regular after-school transportation. Enka Intermediate wanted to make it possible for ALL students to participate in some sort of extracurricular activity.
Clubs meet from 10:15 - 11:15 AM every early release day, which occur about once per month. Clubs are lead by teachers, community volunteers and other school staff and are completely free for every student.
Enka Intermediate needs the support and help of the community in two ways to make this a year long activity:
- Clubs are looking for community members who would be willing to donate their time during clubs to assist teachers with helping students participate in their club. We have a club for almost every interest. From quilting to dominoes, from Power Jets (extended sports class) to Parks and Trails. From Writers Workshop to Farkle. From yoga to Tae Kwon Do. If you have an interest, we have a club to match it. Or maybe, you don’t have a specific interest; you just want to support any club that needs an extra adult. Our knitting and quilting clubs needs adults to help with their projects. Our community service club is making pet toys for an animal shelter and could use another set of hands.
- Every bit of supplies are donated by teachers and staff. We need help with supporting our staff with some supplies. Many of these items may be things you have in your closets at home (well, maybe not the karaoke microphone...):
- Any board games no matter age
- Pokemon cards
- Dominoes with flat edges for standing up
- 600 FLAT toothpicks
- Fabric Cotton Squares - bright fun colors, needles,
- Black sharpies, black pens, paper
- Karaoke machine microphone (headphone connector)
- Yoga mats, yoga videos for beginners/children
- Dry spaghetti noodles and masking tape
This is a great chance for our kids to learn about activities that they might not otherwise be able to participate in. We have over 40 clubs for over 600 kids. Come join us on Early Release days and see what all the excitement about clubs is all about!