Focus Area Volunteers
Welcome to United Way’s webpage for Education, Income and Health Focus Area volunteers. On this page is important information for you to do your work. You may want to check this page occasionally for updates and additional documents. In addition, this document outlines our vision and strategies around Education, Income and Health which drives our decision making processes. Should you have questions, please contact Lance Edwards or Ron Katz. Thank you for all you do to help make our community great!
Please review before starting to read applications:
- United Way provides the 2013 Handbook for Focus Area Volunteers.
- To provide guidance for the duties of a Focus Area volunteer, United Way has created this job description and 2013 calendar.
- United Way funds programs that align with our Community-level and Program-level results for our three focus areas.
- United Way has adopted the Annie E. Casey Foundation results for system advocacy programs.
Reading and scoring applications:
- To start your review of applications, go to GLM.
- If you would like a refresher on navigating GLM (Grant Lifecycle Manager), go to this tutorial.
Other important information:
- Here are the instructions given to applicants for direct service programs.
- This example was provided to each applicant to complete question c) for indicators for each result (direct service programs).
- Here are the instructions given to applicants for system advocacy programs.
- This example was provided to each applicant to complete question c) for indicators for each result (system advocacy programs).