The Success Equation
The Success Equation, under the umbrella of Children First/CIS, unites community partners to reduce the incidence of poverty and its impact on children in Buncombe County through education, collaboration, and public policy, resulting in an environment where all children can thrive.
Partners include the Cathedral of All Souls, Girl Scouts Peak to Piedmont, Junior League of Asheville, Just Economics, InnovoGraph, Innovative Partners International, Searchlight Consulting, Smart Start of Buncombe County, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, Women’s Wellbeing and Development Foundation, and YWCA.
Partners' Advocacy Efforts
United Way's Community Fund invests in programs that address the community-level results we want to see in the areas of Education, Income and Health. Many of our funded community partners providing these programs also advocate for change or have ways you can advocate for or connect to services. The following websites connect you to those pages:
- Asheville City Schools Foundation Building community support for excellent Pre-K-12 public education.
- Children First/Communities in Schools Empowering children and families to reach their full potential.
- Helpmate Working with our community to eliminate abuse and fear.
- Homeward Bound Working with others to end the cycle of homelessness.
- Just Economics Advocating for a just economy.
- MANNA FoodBank Ending Hunger in WNC.
- Pisgah Legal Services Solving Community Problems
- WNC AIDS Project Reducing new HIV infections and improving lives.
- Youth Empowered Solutions (YES!) YES! Empowers youth, in partnership with adults, to create community change.
- YWCA of Asheville Eliminating Racism, Empowering Women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.