2017 Campaign Kickoff: Epic Lip-Sync Battle Surpasses Hype
Over the course of the evening, as the battle raged on, one thing became clear — this was no ordinary fundraiser, and these people came to get down! United Way's 2017 Campaign Kickoff was truly epic, with nine teams showcasing their talents and skills, all in pursuit of the coveted Golden Hairbrush Award. And when the dust had settled, YWCA's Persimmon's Child was the last team standing.
We are so glad you could all join us to kickoff our Campaign season. And the key word here is kickoff; it was a fantastic event, but we need your help to continue the momentum. To support the valuable work being done in our community, visit and/or send a friend to our donation page.
Teamwork Makes it all Possible
Shout-out to the organizations that helped to make this year's kickoff one for the ages:
- JPS for sponsoring the kickoff
- Asheville Radio Group for the skilled judges and amazing emcee (Thanks Ken)!
- Salvage Station for the tasty food, great drinks, and fantastic bartenders
- Massive Booth
- Campaign Sponsors without whom none of this would be possible:
- AB Tech
- Blue Ridge X-Ray
- CarePartners Foundation
- Mission Health
- Allergy Partners
- Asheville Savings Bank
- Bank of America Home Trust Bank
- Mills Manufacturing
- UNC Asheville
- Carolina Alliance Bank
To see the live performances of all nine teams, head over to our Newsfeed.