A Critical Conversation on Affordable Health Care in NC
Please join us for a community forum on Medicaid expansion and the Insurance Exchange for North Carolina.
March 14, 2013, at 6 pm
Mountain View Room at the Sherrill Center, UNCA
Medicaid expansion would increase health care access to 500,000 working poor; provide reimbursement to hospitals for uncompensated care; and create an estimated 23,000 health care industry jobs. Despite these figures, NC lawmakers have voted to block Medicaid expansion.
• What can we do now?
• How will the Insurance Exchange work?
The panelists for this community forum will include:
• Shannon Dowler, Chief Medical Officer, Blue Ridge Community Health Services;
• Jaclyn Kiger, Attorney, Pisgah Legal Services;
• Allison Rice, Senior Attorney, Duke AIDS Legal Project; and
• Adam Searing, Director, NC Justice Center’s Health Access Coalition.
This event is brought to you by Western North Carolina AIDS Project and the following community partners: ABIPA, Children First/Communities in Schools, Just Economics, Pisgah Legal Services, Planned Parenthood of Asheville, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, WNC Community Health Services and WNC Health Advocates.