Rockin' the Docs was held on Sunday, Nov. 3 to support United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County. The event consisted of live music performances by 4 bands made up of Mission Health doctors, karaoke, a magic show by Brett Senor, MD, of Mission Health and a silent gift basket auction. While proceeds went to United Way, the event was also held to raise awareness of all the ways individuals can make a difference in our community.
We would like to thank all of the volunteers who helped make Rockin' the Docs a successful event:
- Angela Wills and Bill Hathaway, MD - Campaign Co-Chairs
- Dina DeSantis, Beth Cirillo and Jason VanDiver for all the event organizing, financial plans and marketing and promotion for this and other Mission wide events during campaign.
- All of the bands and talented individuals who gave their time to entertain the masses.
- Mission Catering Services for providing such tasty treats.
- and Highland Brewing Company for their donations, including a donation to cover use of their great facility and .50 for every beer sold.
As a top contributor to our campaign each year, we really want to thank Mission Health for their continued support by making this event possible. What better way to support your neighbors than to have a great time while you're doing it? We are looking forward to a 2nd Annual Rockin' the Docs during the 2014 United Way Campaign!