1,100 fully-stocked backpacks!
Our community continues to provide essential classroom supplies to area students through the Back-to-School Supply Drive. With multiple opportunities to get involved, residents of Asheville and Buncombe County donate school supplies, conduct drives with friends or coworkers, or donate money towards the purchase of supplies. Enjoy this roundup of images from the 2014 drive.
Companies That Donated 25+ Fully-Stocked Backpacks
|Asheville Radio Group||Eaton|
|Asheville Savings Bank||Johnson Price Sprinkle PA|
|Asheville Tourists||Mission Hospital|
|BorgWarner Turbo Systems||NTCA|
|Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP||Ultimate Ice Cream|
|Duke Energy Progress||Walmart|
Do We Need a School Supply Drive in Asheville?
- Nearly 1 in 4 children in Buncombe County live in poverty.
- 50% of Buncombe County students are enrolled in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Last year, United Way’s 2-1-1 was contacted by 194 families who needed help providing school supplies for their children.
For many families, these are more than statistics; financial difficulties are a daily reality. We're uniting community members to eliminate a challenge for these families. We want to make sure every kid has a positive back-to school experience. We want to remove the barriers that make the difference between a student eventually graduating or dropping out.
How You Can Live United
- Search for volunteer opportunities through Hands On Asheville-Buncombe
- Sign up for our newsletter
- View other galleries