Tamaria Kelly is the new Middle School Success Project Coordinator. Tamaria served as an educator for a year at The NativityMiguel Middle School of Buffalo under the AmeriCorps Builds Lives through Education (ABLE) program. She also was an intern for United Way of Buffalo and Erie County’s Community Ambassador Program (CAP) and an active member of Citigroup’s United Way committee in Buffalo, NY. Tamaria is excited to bring her experiences to Asheville! In her role, Tamaria will:
- Coordinate a professional development series including trainings, lunch and learns, and a community summit for educators, youth service providers, volunteers, and other key community stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Youth Program Quality Intervention process for the YMCA’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers and Asheville City School Foundation’s In Real Life program.
- Develop additional youth services programs for Middle School Success’s quality improvement initiative.
- Support the Asheville-Buncombe Middle Grades Network’s (ABMGN) county-wide strategies to increase student graduation rates.
You can reach her at Tamaria.Kelly@UnitedWayABC.org or (828) 255-0696.
How Will You Live United?
- Learn about Middle School Success
- Search volunteer opportunities at Enka Middle Community School
- Sign up for our newsletter