- Do you make a donation each year to United Way? Tell us why giving to United Way is important to you.
- Have you advocated on behalf of an issue that is important to you? Tell us how advocacy plays an important role in your life.
- Have you had an important and meaningful volunteer experience? Tell us what being a part of a community that volunteers means to you.
- Have you used our information and referral service, NC 2-1-1 - Asheville Center and had success connecting with needed services? Let us know how things worked out and what NC 2-1-1 did that helped.
- Do you see unmet needs in our community? While we can't fix everything we do want you to let us know about them. We might know someone that's working to address it and can connect you.
Why I LIVE UNITED.
"I’m a volunteer with United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County’s Health Focus Area, a Leadership Giver and former Loaned Executive.
I was on active duty in the Army when I first gave to United Way, then called United Fund. When I left active duty, I continued giving where ever I lived.
To me, giving to United Way is the best way to help many people with a variety of needs. I like the thought that more good can be done when everyone gives together.
I also like the community’s involvement in the distribution of the dollars raised through United Way, connecting the positive outcomes of our community partners with the needed improvements United Way seeks in Education, Income and Health.
I’m Bill Mance, and THAT’S WHY I LIVE UNITED!"