What is this Free Prescription Drug Card and How is United Way Involved?
We have partnered with Buncombe County and the Coast2Coast Rx Card to provide a free discount prescription card to area residents. The card is free - there never will be a charge for the card. Simply present the card at a participating pharmacy and you'll save up to 75% on your prescription costs. This card is personalized but anyone can use it and it is not limited by county or location.
Why get the card? Who should get the card?
- Over 60,000 drugs included in the plan
- Save up to 75% on a brand name or generic drug
- Overall annual savings range up to 55%
- 59,000+ pharmacies including all chains and most independents
- Card is good for an entire family
- Cardholder pays no fees for the card
- No paperwork to fill out – card is ready to use
- There are no health, age or income restrictions; everyone qualifies
- Card has no expiration date and can be used as often as needed
- Card can be used to fill pet prescriptions at participating pharmacies
- Card is primarily for uninsured and underinsured
- Insureds can use the card if they have a high deductible
- Insureds can use the card if their drug isn’t covered by their insurance
- In some cases, the card can be used during the Medicare Part D “donut hole.”
- Cardholder information is confidential and is not used for any other purpose.
- The card includes 50%-80% discounts on lab and imaging tests
- Families save up to 60% on their dental needs
- Cardholders and family members save 10%-50% on their vision needs
- Cardholders get a 25% discount at over 3,500 veterinary offices nationwide.
- Save up to 50% on diabetic equipment and supplies
- Cardholders will save 35% on their hearing needs
You Are Also Helping United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County
As you use the card, we receive a small royalty by Coast2Coast for helping to get the word out about this product. It's not much, but every bit helps, so thank you!