It’s Publix Appreciation Day!
As Western North Carolina welcomes its third Publix location this month, we’re excited to share gratitude for their presence and dedication to our community as well as communities across the U.S. Last year, our local Publix employees collectively donated over $100,000 to our organization and therefore all of our funded partners and Hubs of Service.
As a company, they carry a strong philanthropy focus, supporting organizations concentrated on youth, education, hunger reduction and homelessness alleviation and support. With education, income and health being our organization’s underlying focus areas, our partnership together naturally aligns to support residents in Asheville and Buncombe County.
Did you know?
- For the 22nd consecutive year, Publix was chosen as one of ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies’ to work for.
- Locally, Publix held their training in our office in downtown Asheville before opening their first store in Western North Carolina several years ago.
- 206 of their employees are donors to United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, which shows their dedication and investment in the local community.
- Many of those employees also donate at levels that place them in Leadership Giving Groups, where they continue to learn about our work alongside community partners throughout Asheville and Buncombe County while networking with like-minded individuals
- In 2017, Publix employees collectively pledged $36.5 million to United Way Worldwide and Publix Super Markets Charities donated $26.6 million, bringing the grand total to $63.1 million. Each Publix keeps their invested dollars in their local United Way and therefore at work for their neighbors.
Join us in honoring Publix today, as part of United Way’s collective Publix Appreciation Day, here in Western North Carolina and across the U.S. Their dedication and commitment to community is inspiring. Thank you Publix!