The United for Youth Network Needs a Logo
We believe this logo and this Network should be co-created by the very people our collective work is about - our students! United for Youth Network's goal is that by 2035, all Asheville and Buncombe County students will graduate fully prepared to pursue their goals and dreams. We envision ALL children and youth learning, growing, and thriving in a vibrant, healthy, and connected community.
- Working individually or in groups of no more than 3, contestants will have until December 17th to submit their original concept for our new logo.
- A small committee of college students studying art, design, marketing, and other related fields will review and select the top submissions.
- The winning designer or team will participate in a workshop with a local graphic designer to learn more about the graphic design profession while finalizing the logo for the Network.
- The top submissions chosen by the committee will also receive a financial award in the form of cash or a gift card, based on the winners' preference.
- Winner(s) will receive attribution and credit in the initial announcements and marketing materials.
- All participants are invited and encouraged to attend the United for Youth Spring Convening and Block Party (see Key Dates & Deadlines tab) to be celebrated for their work.
- Submissions must be original work, no plagiarism or copyrighted material will be accepted.
- Competition is open to all 5th-12th grade students living and going to any school in Asheville/Buncombe County.
- Students can work independently or in teams of no more than three members.
- Concepts can be created in any medium, digital, drawing, painting, etc., but must be submitted as an image file. There is space to describe the design on the submission form as well.
- Contestants agree to release concept and licensing rights to the United for Youth partners/affiliates to use the logo in all marketing materials and promotions, including print and digital.
- Be creative and have fun!
- December 17th: Final date for submitting your original concept.
- January-March 2022: Winner announced and workshop with a local graphic designer (exact dates TBD).
- April 26th, 2022: United for Youth Spring Convening and official logo unveiling.
- May 6th, 2022: United for Youth Block Party.
Submit Your Concept Below
Please fill out the form below using the prompts to submit your logo concept. Good luck!