Thank you for your interest in working with United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County. Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook where we will also post employment opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities
Do you know anyone who has a passion for supporting students and families? Are they looking to serve the Asheville-Buncombe community full-time? If so, we need your help! Hands On Asheville-Buncombe and the Middle School Success Initiative of the United Way are looking to engage 2 AmeriCorps VISTA members August 2013-August 2014 in the Enka Middle Community School project. For more information on the community school click here and for more information/apply for either position please use the following information:
ID# 443972 13 HOS VISTA HandsOn Asheville- Student Success
ID# 443963 13 HOS VISTA HandsOn Asheville- Parent/Community Engagement
Be sure to apply TODAY! We’ll begin interviews the first week of June. Positions begin early August.
United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County has an immediate opportunity for a Youth Success Manager. The Youth Success Manager is responsible for implementing Middle School Success (MSS), an education initiative of United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County (UW). The initiative works to improve the quality of and the access to afterschool and summer programs for youth in Buncombe County, to provide evaluation and professional development tools to providers, to inform the community about its role in youth success and to advocate on issues impacting middle school students.
Support existing afterschool and summer programs for middle school students in Buncombe County and work with community partners to expand programming to serve additional youth.
- Help programs improve their quality via external assessments and professional development opportunities.
- Capture and monitor the measures of success for this initiative, maintain tracking and evaluation system and report results to appropriate partners and United Way board.
- Apply for grant funding as appropriate to support the initiative.
- Develop a budget and monitor revenue and expenditures in cooperation with United Way Finance Department.
- Develop strong working relationships with school officials at Asheville Middle School / Asheville City Schools and Buncombe County Schools.
- Ensure that MSS has a presence on the statewide level.
- Remain current on trends and best practices for afterschool and middle school programming
- Work with internal departments on volunteer and marketing campaigns.
- Participate in Education focus area meetings – including grant review and evaluation of final results reports of youth programs.
- Identify and present public policy issues on which UW might take a position and serve on UW advocacy committee.
- Identify and participate in appropriate training and conferences to enhance professional skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified individuals will possess the following skills / experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Education or Social Service field, Masters preferred.
- Three years experience in education or social service fields; preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Experience in group facilitation, relationship management and knowledge of outcome measurement and program evaluation.
Successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess an energetic personality, have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team and have a proactive approach and eagerness to make an impact and help those in the community. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must!
We offer a base salary, full benefits and many more benefits!
Highly motivated, articulate individuals who possess a “can and will do attitude” are encouraged to apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume to Kristen Hanks at KHanks@OasisAdvantage.com