Thank you for your interest in working with United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, meaningful work environment for staff and volunteers.
Current opportunities are listed below. You can engage with us on social media where we also post employment opportunities.
Unique seasonal opportunities for qualified individuals to assist with fundraising for the 2014 annual campaign. These temporary opportunities, called “Loaned Executives” are made available based on a donation from an organization to pay for the position’s salary during the annual campaign. The positions report to a UWABC Campaign Manager and apply leadership, fundraising and teamwork skills to assist local companies plan, implement and run successful United Way Campaigns. The Loaned Executives serve as a United Way spokesperson, conveying the value of United Way to the community and resources provided in the area of health and human services.
These temporary, fulltime positions (non-benefitted) will run from August 18, 2014 through October 31, 2014. Training will be conducted from August 18- August 22. It is essential that applicants are able to commit to the entire 11-week assignment to ensure a successful campaign for our mission to strengthen our community by helping people improve their lives and care for one another.
- Review and become familiar with United Way’s mission, vision, values and community impact agenda.
- Successfully develop, organize and implement campaign strategies by working with employee campaign coordinators for assigned accounts.
- Analyze past giving history of each assigned company and work with United Way staff to establish and record current status.
- Work with volunteers to secure corporate contributions and/or personally contact CEOs of assigned companies (where applicable).
- Make United Way presentations at employee meetings and ask for contributions.
- Collect and deliver campaign materials to assigned companies.
- Provide excellent customer service support.
- Prospect for new companies to support United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County.
- Monitor campaign progress, while keeping United Way staff fully informed
- Collect company contributions. Submit accurate & timely reports according to established pledge processing standards.
- Complete clerical duties and maintain accurate, comprehensive company files. Includes ongoing paperwork, accounting reports and appropriate acknowledgements to campaign volunteers. Write and file background notes on each company and update computer records, as needed.
- Participate as member of a LE team, supporting other team members by sharing responsibilities. Attend weekly LE meetings and all campaign related events.
- Evaluate the campaign and make recommendations for the following year’s Loaned Executive team.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written, phone
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, creative
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under fast-paced conditions
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Driver’s license, use of a car, ability to carry up to 25 lbs.
- High ethics, trustworthy & honest
- Positive attitude, team player, flexible
- Adhere to United Way’s code of ethics, always representing United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County in a positive manner.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com.