Great Things Happen When We Live United
You make our work possible. When you lend your muscle, raise your voice or make your gift, you are fueling a vision to advance the common good. When you join others—co-workers, family, friends, faith communities, civic groups, government and nonprofit organizations—to improve the lives of those around you, your entire community becomes stronger and we all have a better quality of life. To help make a difference, visit one of the links below, drop us an email or give us a call at (828) 255-0696.
Donate | Volunteer | Advocate | Join a Group
Why Invest in United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County?
We know you have a choice and we take your investment very seriously. You can take comfort in our transparency, community collaborations and long-standing relationships. Our strategy is to unite businesses, government and nonprofits with donors and leaders. In order to improve lives in Asheville and Buncombe County, we focus on the three building blocks of a good life: education, income and health. A thriving community learns well, earns well and lives well. Everyone in our community has something to offer, a skill or knowledge or passion. We are unique apart, united together.
Led by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of local citizens from all walks of life, United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County is a locally-governed, autonomous 501(c)3 organization that has been efficiently mobilizing resources to advance the common good in our community since its founding in 1921.
- We’re committed to you. Volunteers from diverse personal and business backgrounds assess the needs in our community, distribute the dollars raised and monitor how well those programs are using your donations.
- We’re local. We address the needs important to people who live and work in Buncombe County. Your dollars stay here and help meet the needs in right here in our community.
- We’re effective. Our partners provide vital services and solve local community problems with effective outcome measurements. We strive to get the most out of every dollar you contribute to fund programs that make a difference.
- We’re dedicated. Our mission is to link businesses and individuals with community impact organizations to build a stronger place for all of us to live, work and enjoy.
- We’re accountable. We report the progress achieved through your contributions. We maximize the impact of every dollar you invest.