Hands On Asheville-Buncombe, the volunteer center of United Way, makes it easy to get involved in meaningful volunteer opportunities with nonprofit organizations in Asheville and Buncombe County. With more than 260 opportunities listed in Hands On's database each month, it's easy to connect with a cause that fits your interests and schedule. Check out the variety of projects we've sorted by category or visit HandsOnAsheville.org to find your next volunteer adventure.
Hands On is the perfect matchmaking service for doing good, we:
- engage groups in volunteer projects,
- manage quick impact projects that engage individuals and benefit our partner agencies,
- organize large scale community service days,
- manage a professional development program for people who work with volunteers,
- and operate a Web site that lists volunteer opportunities with local nonprofits and schools, think of it as a clearinghouse for community involvement and change.
Find volunteer opportunities that fit your skills, interests and availability.
Check out our comprehensive online database. Many projects last just 2-3 hours, occur on evenings and weekends, and don’t require a long term commitment. Of course, if you are looking for long term commitments, like mentorship, we list those too! Volunteer on your own or with your friends, family, business or faith community.