Great Things Happen When We Live United
Our giving societies and affinity groups are an opportunity to recognize those of you who are willing to lead by example and a way for you to make a bigger difference by giving back to your community. Unlike other professional groups or associations, members of our giving societies and affinity groups share a common goal: strengthening our community by getting personally involved.
In addition to changing the odds and making lasting change in your community, you also get to join other leadership donors at networking, social and educational events throughout the year. The unique nature of these groups ensures you'll meet others who share your values and strike lifelong friendships.
Members of these groups inspire and motivate others to create lasting impact in our community. Accept the challenge and join a giving society today. We count on leaders like you to ensure our work continues.
Want more information? Drop us an email or give us a call at (828) 239-1048.
Leaders In Giving 2016 Book
Join a Group
Make a donation today and indicate your interest in any of the following groups:
In 1984, a few key volunteers established a means to encourage and recognize those people who make a contribution of $1,000 or more each year. That first year saw 67 members meet that challenge and The Peaks Society was born. Today, more than 1,000 members donate close to half of the funds we raise each year.
- The Tocqueville Society has set the standard for charitable giving. Members contribute $10,000 or more annually and help motivate others to give generously as well. These donors are part of a national group of major gift leaders who provide philanthropic leadership across the country. Members immortalize the volunteer spirit that lives in the hearts of Americans.
- The Peaks Society does more than give. They get involved, guiding the organization and volunteering their time. Members also receive special recognition in the annual Leadership Giving publication, invitations to exclusive events and an annual appreciation reception, and regular communication about the tremendous impact they are making in our community. Join the network of more than 1,100 generous donors who contribute $1,000 or more each year.
These groups are formed around a shared interest or common goal.
- Highlands Circle is a group for active community leaders in their 20s and 30s who give $500 or more annually to the Community Investment Fund. Through meaningful volunteer experiences, networking events, and leadership and professional development opportunities, it provides members ongoing opportunities to fit a wide range of interests.
- Women United (formerly Women's Leadership Council -WLC) is a philanthropic network of concerned and caring women is focused on increasing access to out-of-school time programs, improving the quality of those programs and advocating for issues that impact middle school students in our community. Members donate $1,000 or more annually to the Community Investment Fund. Women United connects members' financial giving and their active involvement in the community to create positive change in people's lives.
Thank you to our Underwriters:
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP - Leadership Giving
- Beverly Hanks - Women United
- Lenior-Rhyne University - Highlands Circle