Unique Opportunities for Young Professionals to Give Back
Whether you're already a Highlands Circle member or simply exploring opportunities to get involved in the community, we're glad you found us. We are a group of passionate professionals under the age of 40 working together to make a lasting impact in Asheville and Buncombe County to reduce disparities in health, education, and financial stability. We do this in so many different ways together-- through networking, learning opportunities, volunteering our time, and more.
Highlands Circle is a network of passionate young professionals who are actively seeking ways to give, advocate and volunteer to make positive and long-lasting change in Asheville and Buncombe County. Through professional development, educational opportunities, volunteerism and networking events, Highlands Circle helps connect members to United Way and their community. The end goal is to change the odds for families and communities by focusing on advancing education, income and health.
Highlands Circle Initiatives:
- Volunteerism: Get involved in the community in meaningful and impactful ways. Highlands Circle members support the work of Community Schools by donating their time to serve in Homework Diners: weekly after-school family engagement events.
Education Events: Unique learning opportunities to better understand the issues facing residents of Asheville and Buncombe County. Take a look at our events calendar for an idea of those opportunities below.
Networking Socials: Connective experiences to engage with fellow dedicated and passionate young leaders.
Want more information? We'd love to hear from you!
2019 Highlands Circle Events (2020 list coming soon!)
- Monday, February 4th: Volunteer at Erwin Middle School Homework Diner
- Wednesday, March 13th: Highlands Circle Spring Social at Hilton Garen Inn Pillar Bar
- Wednesday, May 8th: The Facts We Don't Figure: A Conversation About Poverty at Lenoir Rhyne University
- Saturday, June 29th: Family-Friendly Volunteer Experience: Snack Packs at the Edington Center
- July: Back to School Supply Drive Fill the Bus volunteer events
- Tuesday, August 13th: Back to School Supply Drive Pack and Sort
- Thursday, October 10th: Lunch and Learn: Kaye Lamb presenting The Graduation Initiative
- November: Sip-n-Service, TBD
Learn more about Getting Involved with Highlands Circle!
2019 Executive Committee
- CHAIR - Michael Cortes of TD Bank
- VICE CHAIR- Hilary Davenport of Dixon Hughes Goodman / DHG
- Melody King ofVan Winkle Law Firm
- David Jenkins of Publix
- Emily Tebbe of Assured Partners
- Madison Lehman of Enterprise
- Jennifer Marlowe of Northwestern Mutual
- Maui Vang, Entrepeneur
- Kelly Larouche of Pine Gate Renewables
- Jessie Goodwin of Parsec Financial
- Kris Dionne
Thank you to our Sponsors: