Women United: Making Connections That Count
Women United provides unique experiences and opportunities to support members in developing strong relationships among each other and within the community.
Engaged in Community. Women United Initiatives in Asheville and Buncombe County:
☞ Volunteerism - Get involved in the community in meaningful and impactful ways. Women United supports the work of Community Schools in two important ways:
- Homework Diners - Weekly homework help and healthy meals for students, families and community members in four school districts. Eventually, we will host special Women United run Homework Diners, but in the meantime, you can still get involved. Learn more and sign up to get involved.
- Resource Room/Crisis Closet Support-Accessible spaces providing food and clothing to families in need within local middle schools. Women United members set up, organize and help maintain these rooms as part of United Way's Community Schools work. Learn more about Community Schools.
☞ Education Events - Take a deeper dive on pertinent issues. See upcoming events below.
☞ Networking Socials - These events provide everyone an opportunity to connect with other engaged women in our community.
- Wednesday, April 24th: Webb Investments Lunch & Learn (Value Investing and Women in Philanthropy), 12:00 P.M – 1:30 P.M. @ Lenoir Rhyne University
- Wednesday, May 22nd: Women United Social – Ambrose West, 5:30 P.M – 7:30 P.M.
- Thursday, October 24th: Women United Social – TBD
- Wednesday, December 11th: Women United Book Drive Gift Wrapping Party, TBD
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 239-1048 if you would like to host or sponsor a Women United event.
Women United Executive Committee
MAKE A ONE TIME DONATION OR BECOME A MEMBER TODAY.
Special Thanks to our Generous Sponsor