Homework Diners are weekly family engagement events that will take place on Tuesday evenings in the Enka Middle School cafeteria, starting November 15th.
Students and families will receive a free meal; students and families will also receive tutoring support and help with homework from trained teachers and volunteer tutors. Homework Diners are open to any family in the Enka-Candler community, whether they have a child attending the school or not. Attendees will also have the chance to learn about community resources and take advantage of a variety of educational programs at these events.
- Registering attendees at the event
- Set up and clean up
- Serving food and cleaning up after the meal
- Supporting students and their parents with homework help (if you plan to be involved in this, background checks may be necessary)
When responding to this opportunity, please choose your preference for the volunteer job you are interested in. Click here to volunteer.
We will list additional Homework Diner volunteer opportunities soon - so keep your eyes open. In the meantime, you can read more about local plans and a news feature about Homework Diner from another community's efforts here.
Additional volunteer needs at Enka Middle include:
- After-school club assistants at Enka Middle for a Stand Against Racism Club on Friday afternoons and for the Spirit Club on afternoons when there are home sports games
- During the day club assistants at Enka Intermediate on Early Release Days (~once per month)
- Lunch Buddies at Enka Middle and Enka Intermediate