Sponsored by Mission Health, Days of Impact is a two-day event held twice a year that provides local companies, organizations and individuals with an opportunity and outlet to become involved and work for positive change in our community.
Once again, volunteers from across Asheville and Buncombe County have shown that dedication and hard work matter. During the Fall Days of Impact nearly 450 volunteers from 33 local businesses and organizations helped meet critical community needs on 40 different projects. To all who participated — THANK YOU! Your commitment to community motivates and inspires us all! Each step we take together brings us closer to creating a strong, caring community where residents are educated, financially stable and healthy.
WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?
Each year local employers organize their staff and join us for Days of Impact. This Fall the participating businesses included:
- Ashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- A-B Tech Community College
- Asheville Specialty Hospital
- AvL Technologies
- Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- Biltmore Farms LLC
- Carolina Alliance Bank
- Duke Energy Progress
- Eaton Corporation
- First Bank (formerly Asheville Savings Bank)
- First Citizens Bank
- Galaxy Digital
- Givens Estates, Inc.
- Givens Highland Farms
- Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority
- Green Mountain Maple
- Home Trust Bank
- Irene Wortham Center
- Jacob Holm Industries
- Lenoir-Rhyne University Asheville
- Mercy Urgent Care
- Mission Health
- NC DPS Division of Juvenile Justice
- Parsec Financial Management
- Southeastern Container
- Suntrust Bank
- TD Bank
- The Community Foundation of WNC
- UNC Asheville
- Wells Fargo
AND WHO DID THEY HELP?
- ABCCM Steadfast House for Women and Children
- Avery's Creek elementary School
- Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center
- Bounty & Soul
- Crisis Ministry (South and Hominy Valley)
- Enka Middle School
- Erwin Middle School
- Girls on the Run of Western North Carolina
- Homeward Bound of WNC
- Irene Wortham Center
- Jones Elementary School
- MANNA FoodBank
- Medical Ministry
- North Buncombe Elementary
- Owen High School
- Owen Middle School
- Pisgah Legal Services
- the POP Project
- The Roots Foundation
- The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- Verner Center for Early Learning
- Veterans Restoration Quarters
- Weaverville Elementary
- YMCA of Western North Carolina
- YWCA of Asheville
WHAT COMES NEXT?
Looking to volunteer with your company and United Way year round? Check out opportunities on our Business United page.
We are recruiting volunteers for the spring semester. Volunteer groups are needed to help with food service and clean-up. Individuals are needed to help with tutoring. For more information, contact Sarah Roth.
Save the date for the 2019 MLK Day of Service, January 21, 2019. Mission Health, UNC Asheville and United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County have partners again this year to honor the life and legacy of Dr. King.