Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is dedicated to the success of students and communities. Our college provides meaningful teaching and learning in a curriculum, continuing education, and workforce development environment committed to Respect, Integrity, Support, and Equity (RISE).
Our Career and College Promise Program offers structured opportunities for qualified high school juniors and seniors to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills.
WHY UNITED FOR YOUTH
A-B Tech is excited to partner with the United for Youth Network and continue engaging with young people to provide them with an education system that supports their development, promotes a sense of connection within our community, and prepares them for a better future.
Find us online at https://abtech.edu/ and on social:
As a member of the United for Youth Network, we commit to:
- Continue supporting youth programs such as the Career College Promise Program, which allows eligible high school students to enroll in college classes at A-BTech tuition free.
- Provide free space to United for Youth for events or meetings.
- Encourage A-BTech teachers and staff to participate in virtual or in-person volunteering opportunities though "Hands on Asheville-Buncombe" United Way's volunteering center.
- Host a "Trailblazer College Day" with the mission of providing high school students a firsthand experience on college education, while also providing them with enrollment and financial aid information.
- Ensures United for Youth receives invitations to the various events held at A-BTech that would benefit their community.
- Commit an A-BTech staff member to attend, when possible, events promoted by United for Youth.