(To fast forward to any awardees click on a link below)
- Community School Partnership of the Year - Brumit Restaurant Group
- Spirit of the Mountains - Southeastern Container
- I Live United - the Exceptional Engagement Coordinator Award - Gerry Leonard, YWCA
- I’ll do anything for United Way - Mills Manufacturing
- Outstanding Employee Campaign - Milkco
- Exceptional Partnership - Eaton Corporation
- Hands On Business Partner of the Year Award - GE Aviation
- Spirit of the Mountains Award - Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority
- Community Builder Award - Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community
- The Live United A.C.T (Action Changes Things) Award - Mission Health
Community School Partnership of the Year - Brumit Restaurant Group
- They provided a $100,000 matching gift for the Enka District, helping us leverage other community support.
- In addition, we are proud to count six Brumit Restaurant Group team members as a part of our Tocqueville Society
- their team can be found volunteering regularly at Homework Diners in Asheville, Enka, Erwin and Owen and helping instill the entrepreneurial spirit in local students by volunteering as investors at Asheville Middle School’s version of Shark Tank
- and finally, hundreds of students, teachers, coaches and parents gathered on the Arby’s Scholarship Deck for three UNCA basketball games for a free Arby’s and tickets to the games
Brumit Restaurant Group/Arby’s are a model for supporting the community through Community Schools, and we are so very grateful for them. It is our distinct pleasure to present the Brumit Restaurant Group with this year’s Community School Partner of the Year award.
Spirit of the Mountains - Southeastern Container
Thank you to Brian and Stefanie, for sharing your curriculum expertise and time. Thank you to Sarah Congleton, without your leadership and management, this project wouldn’t have happened. Thank you to Emily and James especially- you spent hours figuring out the best wheels to use that were also cost-effective. Thank you to all the other volunteers who took part in this project. Last, but not least, thank you Ryan Huth for providing support to your team at the leadership level so that the project was prioritized and completed with all the other priorities of running a business.
Spirit of the Mountains Award - Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority