In today's vlog, Dan talks with three key team members about their perspectives on issues of equity as it relates to our work and the community response to COVID-19:
- Dionne Greenlee Jones - Resource Development Manager
- Jocelin Rosas - Community School Coordinator | Erwin Middle School
- Bruce Waller - Community School Coordinator | Asheville Middle School
- During the conversation, Bruce mentioned weekly meetings between Community School Partners - providing needed support and practical strategy and response work. Check out this short blog about a recent session.
- Dionne mentioned her participation on the WRES FM radio show about understanding and addressing the disparities around COVID-19 within communities of color. You can listen to that show, and find some related articles here.
- We are looking for a new team member. Please share this job posting to people in your circles.
- If you are able, nonprofits are still actively serving our community and could use your help. In fact, since this crisis began, our volunteer center has helped fill 747 volunteer slots. Check out volunteer opportunities that are in need of your help today.