Welcome to our final vlog of 2020. As this most unusual year comes to a close, we want to say thank you. Your tenacity, perseverance, and commitment were on full display this past year and helped to meet unprecedented community-wide challenges. Because of you, we were able to:
- Mobilize thousands of volunteers, and deploy them safely to frontline pandemic response efforts;
- Amplify calls for racial equity and justice;
- pivot our entire student, family, and network engagement and support strategy for community schools;
- And scale up our 2-1-1 response capacity to address unparalleled levels of need across our community.
These are just some of the things we were able to achieve over the past year. And while these pressing issues won't miraculously disappear as we transition into 2021, we know that together, we are stronger, and it is by working collaboratively that we will create a community where everyone belongs, and everyone thrives.
Click the video below to watch the full message, including a look ahead to 2021, from Dan Leroy, United Way's President, and CEO.
Stay Connected in Community
- Join our Hands On Asheville Buncombe newsletter to stay connected to upcoming volunteer opportunities safely in-person, virtually, and remotely from home
- Stay in the loop of our work alongside community partners through our United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County newsletter
- Donate to our Live United Fund online or by texting UWABC to 313131