Helpmate provides safety, shelter, and support to domestic violence survivors and works with youth and community members to prevent intimate partner abuse
Find us online at www.helpmateonline.org
WHY UNITED FOR YOUTH
Helpmate is enthusiastic about our work with community partners to help youth grow up in safe homes and to learn skills needed to form healthy relationships, resolve conflicts without violence, and set/respect interpersonal boundaries.
As a member of the United for Youth Network, we commit to:
In order to further the vision that ALL children and youth learn, grow, and thrive in a vibrant, healthy and connected community, Helpmate makes the following organizational commitments:
- Helpmate will reduce the impact of trauma of domestic violence on children by providing safe, emergency shelter to 85 children who have experienced violence in the home.
- Helpmate will provide specialized Child and Family Advocacy to 500 families who are impacted by co-occurring domestic violence and child maltreatment.
- Helpmate will coordinate services with the Homeless Student Liaisons at each local school district to ensure that children made homeless because of violence in their homes continue to receive consistent and high-quality education.
- Helpmate will implement the Early Childhood Screening and Assessment Project in our shelter, in collaboration with Child Care Services Association and other statewide partners. This project implements research-validated programming and shelter environment supports designed to promote children’s wellness, development, and safety.
- Helpmate will provide comprehensive, evidence-based, multi-session prevention education to middle and high school students throughout Buncombe County.