Join our Small Yet Powerful United Way Team
We're excited to share that we're growing our United Way team in ways that will benefit our community. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, meaningful work environment and look forward to hearing from you if any of the following positions feel in line with your passion, existing work, and experience.
The following positions won't be open forever. Apply today:
- Resource Development Manager: Do you count integrity, emotional intelligence, optimism, and enthusiasm among your core characteristics? Do you want to work for an organization that is committed to elevating student success, supporting families, and engaging communities throughout Buncombe County? Are you excited by the idea of having a job that allows you to connect people of all financial means, to ways they can help build the kind of equitable community they dream about?
If you said yes to all three of these questions, then United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County is where you need to be. Learn more and apply.
- Data and Evaluation Specialist: Are you adept at working with, and excited by, both qualitative and quantitative data? Do you enjoy seeing how it can be used to improve outcomes for students, refine programming, make the case for policy changes, and recruit community members to join our work? This full-time position is responsible for managing the collection, cleaning, and distribution of data from multiple sources in order to increase the number of Asheville and Buncombe County students who graduate from high school ready for college, career, and community. This position supports the Community School Strategy which is rooted in ongoing improvement in response to timely, clear analyses of data and is responsible for ensuring that stakeholders have easy access to actionable data. See the full description and apply here.
- Equity and Network Development Specialist: United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County (UWABC) employs the community school strategy as the organizing framework for elevating student success, supporting families, and engaging communities throughout Buncombe CountyThis is a full-time position that will co-design and support/facilitate: A cross-district Community Schools Youth Leadership Team, Asheville Buncombe youth development network convenings, Shared professional development workgroup + This position will also serve as a member of UWABC’s Equity Change Team and the cross-district Restorative Practices trainer/coaching cohort. See the full description and apply here.
- NC 211 Community Resource Specialist: NC 2-1-1 is our community's resource helpline. We are searching for a part-time Community Resource Specialist to work from home. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced work, have good listening skills and customer service experience, call center or other phone communication experience, knowledge of health and human services, and computer proficiency. Those with CIRS certification and bilingual fluency are strongly encouraged to apply.
- AmeriCorps Position: We have a unique opportunity that has come our way as a result of a new partnership with Conserving Carolina. Conserving Carolina normally runs summer conservation positions, but this summer they are doing COVID response positions placed at 6 agencies and we are one of those agencies. Overview of this position includes: 300 hours of service over the course of a 10 week period, AmeriCorps members receive a $3,000 stipend for the 300 hours of service and, if completed will get a $1,289 education award. Responsibilities will be split between NC 2-1-1, our information and referral call center which connects callers to vital health and human resources, and Hands On Asheville-Buncombe, our volunteer center which is front and center helping to connect people to ways to support COVID-19 relief efforts. See the full position description and apply here.