UNC Asheville offers an education that is adaptive, affordable, and endlessly relevant as the only liberal arts and sciences campus in the University of North Carolina System. Our small class size, award-winning faculty, and nationally acclaimed undergraduate research program foster connections between curiosity and critical thinking, courage and challenge, imagination and impact, opportunity and responsibility.
Learning at the University is well beyond the classroom walls. Focusing on undergraduate studies, we help students dig into learning, whether they participate in faculty-mentored research projects, undertake career-related internships, study abroad, or join service projects that make a profound impact at home and around the world.
In order to further the vision of the Network that ALL children and youth learn, grow, and thrive in a vibrant, healthy and connected community, UNC Asheville makes the following organizational commitments
As a member of the United for Youth Network, we commit to:
Expand the depth and breadth of shared learning & professional development.
- Co-design, host and/or sponsor shared learning opportunities that add value to and support the Community School strategy's bold goal.
- Encourage faculty and student volunteer time for participation through the Key Center for Student Engaged Learning.
- Host Coalition for Community Schools Leadership Retreat, United for Youth Fall/SpringConvening and engage the campus community in ways to get involved and support the network.
- Support Education Pathways with our University students (Cradle-to-Career) through community leadership development and volunteer opportunities.
Champion the collective and individual effort of the Network.
- Dedicate staff and/or volunteer time to participate in cross-sector, school-based leadership teams, Network-level workgroups, or aligned community-based collaboratives.
- Celebrate Network partners’ successes through campus communications.
- Support school-based programs through on-campus offerings such as athletics, summer programs, after-school programs, etc.